Guard Dog by A Cloud of Own – protects your smart home and the things within it.Watch the Guard Dog catch and block a live attack on our lab! View our presentation at Boston New Technologies – December 2018
We are featured on Product Hunt – For New Technologies
Active Protection is Critical for your HomeVoted best new product – Mass Innovations Nights – January 2019. Guard Dog – by a Cloud of My Own places a layer of protection around all of the ‘Smart Home’ devices in your home or business. In the event that a device is hacked (or an attempt is made to compromise them), we take action and block and/or isolate that device from the others. We work with all wifi enabled devices and hub. Check compatibility here Trend Micro has released research papers that supports all of our statements on the risks in Smart Homes. See their research here: https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/au/security/news/internet-of-things/threats-and-risks-to-complex-iot-environments So Many Risks, and they are growing
- U.S. broadband households now have an average of 9.1 connected devices,” said Brad Russell, Research Director, Connected Home, Parks (1)
- IoT devices will outnumber the world’s population this year (2017) for the first time (2)
- Unmanaged Firewalls used in homes provide minimal security for iot / home automation and smart home devices.
- Intrusion Detection Systems(IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS) are rarely used outside of large companies.
- Works with All Major Smart Home Hubs – Alexa, Google Home Familly (including Home Hub, Home Smart Speaker, etc), Samsung Smart Things, Siri and Apple Smart Home products – as well as DIY like Home Assisstant.
- Simple to Install
- Provides an Automated , learning Intrusion Detection System (IDS), and Intrusion Provension System (IPS).
- Gives you Piece of Mind that your Smart Home Devices are protected
|Types of Devices||Some Risks / Reasons for a Hack|
|Security Camera||Watch / record video|
|Smart Light Bulbs||Record when you are home|
|Heating / Cooling||Record schedules|
|TV||Record when you are home , record voices|
|Kitchen Appliances||Record when you are home|
|Locks||Record when you are home, provide access|
|Toys||Record audio potentially video|